Public Safety Retirement Plan
- Former Law Enforcement Retirement Plan.
- If you work a minimum of 32 hours/week for 20 or more weeks of the year with a NDPERS employer, are at least eighteen years of age, and filling a permanent regularly funded position, you must participate – unless you are eligible to opt out or special provisions apply.
- Every month you contribute to your NDPERS retirement plan, you earn service credit.
- Your lifetime, monthly benefit is calculated based on a formula.
- You may elect to purchase service credit to increase your future monthly retirement benefit.
- If you become permanently disabled while actively contributing, your retirement plan includes a disability option.
- In the event of a divorce, please review the Qualified Domestic Relations Order for additional information.