Governmental Accounting Standards Board Information (GASB)
The Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) issued Statement 68-Accounting and Financial Reporting for Pensions, which substantially changes financial reporting of public employee pensions by state and local governments. This new statement is effective for fiscal years beginning on or after June 15, 2014.
Statement 68 requires employers to report a proportionate share of the retirement plan’s net
pension liability and pension expense on the employer’s financial statements. Also, the employer’s Note Disclosures and Required Supplementary Information sections of the financial statements have been greatly expanded to include much more information about the pension plan. These changes won’t affect the amount of contributions sent to NDPERS; GASB 68 is an accounting change only.
The following information is being provided to assist NDPERS participating employers in implementing GASB Statement 68.
- 2017 Audited Schedules of Employer Allocations and Pension Amounts by Employer [PDF]
- 2017 NDPERS GASB 67 and 68 Actuarial Report [PDF]
- 2018 GASB 68 Disclosure Template - Main Retirement System [MS Word]
- 2018 GASB 68 Disclosure Template - Law Enforcement Retirement System [MS Word]
- GASB 68 Employer Training Presentation [PDF]
- Disclosure Template - For Training Purposes Only [MS Word]
- GASB Report - For Training Purposes Only [PDF]
Additional GASB 68 resources can be found on the NDRIO website.