- The carrier for term life insurance is Voya Financial.
- Retirees that participated in the life insurance plan as active employees have the option to continue their basic employee, supplemental employee, dependent supplemental and spouse supplemental life insurance coverage until age 65 as long as an election to do so is made within 31 days of the date of termination. Upon turning age 65, retirees can only continue the basic life insurance coverage through NDPERS.
- Upon retirement, the basic level of coverage reduces from $7,000 to $1,300.
- The premium for the basic life insurance coverage is $4.32 per month.
- Retirees that lose eligibility for supplemental coverages may apply to convert or port their policy to a whole life policy with the carrier. The carrier will provide a packet with options for conversions or porting coverage.