Skip to main content
Retiree Health Insurance Credit
- The Retiree Health Insurance Credit (RHIC), is a monthly lifetime benefit for retirees of NDPERS sponsored retirement plans receiving an ongoing benefit at least annually.
- You must be in retirement status and have eligible after tax insurance premium expenses to receive reimbursement of your RHIC benefit.
- Eligible premiums include non-NDPERS health and/or prescription drug insurance premiums or NDPERS health, NDPERS dental, NDPERS vision and NDPERS Long Term Care premiums.
- Retired spouses of NDPERS retirement plans may combine RHIC benefits
- Application Software Incorporated (ASIFlex) is the third party claims administrator. Claim and reimbursement questions should be directed to ASIFlex.
- Your RHIC will automatically be reimbursed to you if you enroll in NDPERS insurances; you do not have to file a claim.
- If you enroll in non-NDPERS health insurance, you will need to file a claim to receive your RHIC. The RHIC claim period each fiscal year is from July 1 to June 30. The deadline for submitting claims for the fiscal year is September 30. Refer to the Claims Processing Guidelines.
- For your convenience, your RHIC can be direct deposited around the first working day of every month; otherwise, a physical check will be mailed. ASIFlex and NDPERS are not responsible for lost or stolen checks.
- In the event of a divorce, please review the Qualified Domestic Relations Order for additional information.