$250 Wellness Benefit
The NDPERS Dakota Wellness Program $250 Benefit is available to all eligible members and their covered spouses participating in the NDPERS group health insurance plan. This benefit is taxable as established by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) memorandum #201622031 which advises that cash payments made to members for gym memberships and other cash-equivalent incentives (i.e. gift cards and prizes) for participation in a wellness program are taxable income.
- Retirees or individuals who participate in COBRA, should consult a tax advisor to ensure compliance with the IRS memo.
- Active employees should contact their payroll department for additional information. Redemptions and reimbursements by spouses of the wellness benefit will also be taxed on the employee's paycheck.
Health Risk Assessment (LifeScore)
To be eligible for this benefit, you must first complete a Health Risk Assessment (HRA), also called LifeScore, on the online wellness portal. Follow the next easy steps:
- Log in to your secure Sanford Health Plan member account at sanfordhealthplan.com/memberlogin.
- Click the “Wellness” menu option at the top.
- Select “Wellness Portal” from the Quick Links on the right-hand side.
- The LifeScore can be found under the “Essential Care” tab inside the wellness portal.
When you complete the LifeScore Assessment, you will receive 2,500 points toward your wellness benefit. Learn how to navigate the wellness portal with this easy guide.
In order to receive a fitness center reimbursement, you must complete the LifeScore assessment. Learn how to sign up for a fitness center account and get answers to other questions you may have in the FAQ.
For additional information on setting up an online account or points’ redemption, please contact Sanford Health Plan.
- Member Services: (800) 499-3416
- Dakota Wellness Team: (844) 742-0014 or NDPERSwellness@sanfordhealthplan.com
NDPERS is required to provide this federal notice to all eligible members and their spouses regarding the information collected through this program.