$250 Wellness Benefit
The NDPERS Dakota Wellness Program $250 Benefit is available to all eligible members and their covered spouses participating in the NDPERS group health insurance plan. This benefit is taxable as established by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) memorandum #201622031 which advises that cash payments made to members for gym memberships and other cash-equivalent incentives (i.e. gift cards and prizes) for participation in a wellness program are taxable income.
- Retirees or individuals who participate in COBRA, should consult a tax advisor to ensure compliance with the IRS memo.
- Active employees should contact their payroll department for additional information. Redemptions and reimbursements by spouses of the wellness benefit will also be taxed on the employee's paycheck.
Health Risk Assessment
To be eligible for this benefit, you must first complete a Health Risk Assessment (HRA) on the online wellness portal. Follow these easy steps:
- Log in to your secure Sanford Health Plan member account at sanfordhealthplan.com/memberlogin.
- Under the Insurance tab, select Portals and Links, then Wellness Portal.
- If it is your first time in the portal, you will be asked to set up an account.
- After an account is created, you will be taken directly to the Health Risk Assessment. You will earn 2,500 points toward your wellness benefit when complete.
You must complete a new HRA every year in order to be eligible to redeem any wellness points or receive fitness center reimbursement payments. Learn more about earning points and the online wellness portal with this easy guide.
In order to receive a fitness center reimbursement, you must complete the LifeScore assessment. Learn how to sign up for a fitness center account and get answers to other questions you may have in the FAQ.
Two New Ways to Earn Your $250 Wellness Benefit
With many us working from home, take advantage of these two new ways to stay healthy while earning points toward your $250 NDPERS wellness benefit.
Work with a Sanford Health Plan Wellness Coach or Registered Dietitian
Our wellness coaches can talk you through your situation and help you identify resources and supports for creating new exercise and healthy eating habits. Each telephonic consultation is free and lasts up to 30 minutes. Employees can receive a voucher form worth 3,000 points after completion.
Join us for our monthly wellness webinars
Starting in May 2020, we will be offering a 15-minute well-being webinar for you to learn more about our monthly newsletter topic. Those who register and attend the live webinar can receive a voucher form for 3,000 points. Register for our upcoming webinars today!
For additional information on setting up an online account or points’ redemption, please contact Sanford Health Plan.
- Member Services: (800) 499-3416
- Dakota Wellness Team: (844) 742-0014 or NDPERSwellness@sanfordhealthplan.com
NDPERS is required to provide this federal notice to all eligible members and their spouses regarding the information collected through this program.