NDPERS holds many training events for members and employers throughout the year as well as Board Meetings. Members can reference Board Meeting information including agendas, meeting documents or minutes on our website. Additionally, a comparison table to understand the differences between Financial Essentials Workshop (FEW) and Pre-Retirement Education Program (PREP) and other Active Member Training Opportunities is also available.
Join us during day 1 of our Pre-Retirement Education Program (PREP) by clicking here at the time of the event.
The goal of this session is to help members retiring within the next five years understand their retirement benefit options.
Topics - Day 1:
- Learn about your NDPERS Retirement benefits with NDPERS
- Planning for your financial well-being at retirement with TIAA
- Social Security benefits
View this Event
Join us during day 2 of our Pre-Retirement Education Program (PREP) by clicking here at the time of the event.
The goal of this session is to help members retiring within the next five years understand the insurance options and legal planning they should complete as they approach retirement.
Topics - Day 2:
- Understanding your insurance option with NDPERS - health, dental, vision, and life insurance and the Retiree Health Insurance Credit (RHIC)
- State Health Insurance Counseling with the ND Insurance Department
- Legal concerns relating to retirement with Chapman & Chapman Law Firm
Do you understand your NDPERS benefits? Join us at the Financial Essentials Workshop (FEW) by clicking here at the time of the event to learn about your NDPERS benefits.
- NDPERS Retirement Plans and 457 Deferred Compensation [Supplemental Retirement Savings]
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Financial Planning with TIAA
- Estate, wills, and trust planning with Chapman & Chapman Law Firm