High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
- The Carrier is Sanford Health Plan.
- Permanent state employees, university system employees and district health unit employees are eligible to participate in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with a Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Temporary employees and employees of political subdivisions are not eligible to participate in the HDHP/HSA.
- The HDHP/HSA option has higher annual deductibles and larger out-of-pocket costs for medical services. However, the higher initial out-of-pocket costs are partially offset by an employer contribution to an HSA created in the member’s name.
- Initial enrollment period is within 31 days of employment into an eligible position or within 31 days of a qualifiying event.
- NDPERS conducts an Annual Enrollment in the fall each year with coverage effective January 1 of the following year.