For Defined Benefit plan members, the disability retirement benefit is funded by your employer’s contributions. The Plan provides a monthly benefit payment to eligible participants who are unable to engage in substantial gainful employment for an extended period of time.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have six months of eligible service
- Be disabled during a period of eligible employment
- Be determined to be disabled by the NDPERS medical consultant
- Be permanently and totally disabled
- Terminate employment
- Apply for disability within 12 months of leaving service
To estimate your disability benefit, please visit PERSLink Member Self Service MSS.
For Defined Contribution plan members, the disability benefit is funded by your member account balance. For details, contact the NDPERS office.